About This Course
The 300-210 is a course that is focused on making the learner understand and implement security on Cisco ASA firewall. The mutating threats on computer hardware and software have made it necessary to train security experts who can mitigate such threats by providing the much needed solutions. Implementing the firewall architecture and configurations helps in ensuring that any attacks on data or computer systems are stopped before they spread. This makes the course highly relevant in today’s transforming technological environment. It will remain relevant and useful because every day, there are new security risks faced by businesses globally.
Studying the 300-210 course enables learners to prepare for and pass their CCNP 300-210 exams. This is the course that was changed from 300-207 V1.0. The difference between the current version and the former is that two more topics were added and others removed. Cisco added “Cisco FirePOWER NGIPS (Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System” and “Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP).” The exams have also been reduced from six to five in number. The change came as a result of an increasing need to have the course tailored to meet the current job roles performed by CCNP security experts. The course instructor is CCNP certified security expert and he will take you through the course by use of video sessions. Here, you will learn how to describe and implement advanced web and E-mail security appliance and implement Cisco ASA firewall services. The training consists of 111 training videos that run for a total of 11 hours. It is very intensive and combines very interactive sessions with hands-on lab exercises enabling you to obtain the right knowledge. At the end of the course, you will be ready to do and pass in your exams as well as apply your new found knowledge in solving systems security challenges. Once you complete this course, you will be ready to do and pass your exams. The topics that are covered in this exam are as follows:
- Content Security-27%
- Network Threat Defence-22%
- Cisco FirePOWER Next-Generation IPS(NGIPS)-20%
- Security Architectures-17%
- Troubleshooting, Monitoring and Reporting Tools-14%
Once you do and pass your exams, you will be awarded a Cisco SITCS certification that will give you an opportunity to build your career while applying your knowledge in aiding businesses to run efficiently.
Skills students develop:
At the end of this course, the students will be able to do the following:
- Describe, Deploy and Manage Advanced Web and Email Security Application
- Describe, Deploy and Manage Advanced Cloud Web Security
- Describe, Deploy and Manage Cisco Next- Generation ASA Firewall Services and Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Describe, Deploy and Manage Cisco ASA FirePOWER Services Module
- Choosing and Troubleshooting Firewalls
Requirements for this course:
- Prior knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- CISCO CCNA Security certification
- Cisco CCNA certification
- CCSP or any CCIE certification
Examination paper design:
- 90 minutes duration with 65-75 questions
- Multiple-choice single answer
- Multiple-choice multiple answer
The course will be provided in form of study materials and hands-on lab demonstrations that will help the learners understand what is expected of them. They are thoroughly prepared to pass their exams and attain the Cisco SITCS certification.
Audience to target:
- This course is for those who want to pass the 300-210 SITCS exam and obtain a certification
- Network security engineers
The challenges coming up every day with regards to threats to computer systems has brought about more innovations and new discoveries. The need to counter these threats that affect efficiency of systems and delivery of services has made CISCO to continue training and producing more experts to deal with these challenges. Considering that Cisco uses a multi-layered approach in creating their courses, the graduates of the Cisco 300-210 course are well-rounded and can work in any kind of business environment where they can offer solutions. These courses, therefore, are lucrative and offer great opportunities to those who want to advance their careers in technology related fields.
- Network Security Engineers
- Senior Network Architects
- Systems Security Engineers
- CISCO Engineers
- IT Manager
The Cisco SITCS certified professionals can earn annual salaries of ,864 at the entry level and can earn up to $89,147 as they advance in their careers.