About This Course
Cisco 300-115 course equips you with valuable skills in planning, configuring, verification, and implementation process of complex enterprise switching solutions that utilize Cisco Campus Architecture. The study tools and training resources prepare you to pass your CCNP R/S certification examination.
The course makes use of simulators/ emulators to ease the learning process and fill you with every detail necessary to help you ace the CCNP certification tests. The practical skills gained in the labs would help greatly when you finally go to the field.
The Cisco 300-115 equips you with knowledge and skills that will help pass your CCNP R/S certification exams at an affordable price. This course is one of the three essential courses that an individual is required to undertake towards becoming CCNP Switching & Routing certified.
The course helps you develop deep understanding of the Cisco’s main features and functionalities. On graduation, you will confidently handle complex networking tasks such as network systems planning, switch and router configurations, verifications, and successful implementation of complex enterprise switching solutions.
Through Switch study guides provided for the course, a student gains mastery in working with layer 2 technologies that revolve around setting and manipulating VLAN communication systems, STP, Trunks, Trunking protocols, Switch Links, and multi-layer switching.
Cisco 300-115 Curriculum overview
Cisco Network campus designs
This module introduces the learner to the general design framework of a Cisco network campus and the best practices to abide by. The module targets network engineers, planners, and managers overseeing their customers’ enterprise networks.
The module introduces the learner to the concept of networking tables, switch LEDs, and layers 2 and 3 framing. On completion, learners are well versed with switch port configuration, duplex communication, and Auto-MDIX Commands.
Under this module, you will exhaustively learn about multi-layer verification and switching using CEF and inter-vlan routing. The practical skills you gain in this module will help you create inter-vlan routing, work with FIB tables and CEF and VLAN communication nodes.
VLAN Trunking Protocol
In this section, a learner is introduced to VLAN configuration consistency which is a key component of VLAN Trunking Protocol. Main areas of study under this module include VTP Domains, Layer 2 messaging protocol, VTP modes and advertisements, VTP authentication, and VTP pruning.
Aggregating Switch Links
The chapter explores configuration procedures and link aggregations for networks that use ML-Series cards.
By the end of the module, you will have a good grasp of
- Load balancing
- Bandwidth Logical aggregation
- Fault tolerance
Knowledge and skills that students gain
- Configuring EIGRP based solutions.
- Multilayer Switch Operation
- Switch port Configuration
- Network Campus Design
- VLANs and Trunks
- VLAN Trunking Protocol
- Aggregating Switch Links
- Multilayer Switching
- Spanning-Tree Configuration
- Traditional STP
- Students aspiring to pursue the Cisco 300-115 course must be CCNA R/S certified.
- Aspiring students must source for their own simulator/emulator as it isn’t part of the course resources on offer.
- Students must be willing to use the Switch study guides provided by the Cisco Press. Alternative CCNP Switch study guide are also allowed.
- Aspiring students should be aware that the Cisco 300-115 course is just a portion of three exams required for Cisco certification.
Examination paper design
- The Exam is assigned number 300-115 SWITCH
- The exam features between 45 and 55 questions
- 120 minutes examination duration
- The exam is available in English/ Japanese languages
- Multiple-Choice Single Answer questions
The target market
- Networking professionals seeking to advance their skills.
- Professionals wanting to be Cisco's CCNP Switch certified.
- Any student preparing for CCNP Switch exam.
- Cisco professionals seeking to gain more knowledge in CCNP Switching.
The Cisco 300-115 course is designed for professionals seeking to gain advanced skills in computer systems networking.
Individuals who successfully complete this course can fit in different fields related to computer systems networking including:
- Cisco Network Engineer
- Network Technician
- Network Engineering Manager
- IT managers
- Systems Engineer
- Software Engineer